Let’s lay my cards on the table from the get-go. I. Don’t. Cook. Period! I *can* cook and when I’m creating from a recipe I’m enjoying the process, but getting into the “ooh! what will I cook this week?” mode just isn’t something I tend to do. I’m forcing myself to cook more often, as I’d like to more control over what goes into my body. Recovering from a major financial crash makes the weekly grocery trip and full ‘fridge a thing of the past (for now). A supportive and generous room-mate makes sure I’m not skin and bones – so when I find myself able to “whip up” something nice to show her how appreciative I am, I jump at that chance. This past week my gratitude to her was shown in the form of Apricot Glazed Pork Chops. Delish!
I modified the recipe from one I found on AllRecipes.com to allow for some ingredients on hand and for personal tastes. Give mine a taste drive and let me know what you think!
- 3 tablespoons Apricot Preserves
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablesoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 drop doTERRA Rosemary Essential Oil (or a pinch of fresh chopped Rosemary – but trust me, the oil option is better tasting!)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 boneless Pork Chops, 1/2 inch thick
- Mix the apricot preserves, worcestershire sauce, dijon mustard, ground ginger and rosemary together in a small bowl; set aside.
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the pork chops and cook until brown on each side, and no longer pink in the center, about 4 minutes per side. Remove chops from the skillet. Reduce heat to medium low. Using the same skillet, pour in the apricot preserves mixture and simmer until thickened, about 4 minutes. Return pork chops to the skillet, turning to coat each side in the sauce; cook 1 minute.
I served mine with Roasted Garlic Couscous and Green Beans with Almonds for a very yummy meal! Here is the “after” photo of my plate for proof
If you’d like to try yours with the doTERRA oil, you can find it at my online store for purchase. Enjoy!