It was time to head into the kitchen again. My Roomie had a long week so for her day off I took a look at what we had in the pantry, surveyed my available ingestible Essential Oils and planned what turned out to be a pretty tasty dinner. Follow along and find out that it is pretty easy too! Living in California, I am so fortunate to have an abundance of fresh picked oranges at my fingertips, thanks to a wonderfully generous massage client. The flavor is so much more rounded than anything I have ever tasted from the grocery store! This is where using the doTERRA Wild Orange Essential Oil will help in your recipe, to pump up the flavor quotient for you. Trust me – one drop is all you’ll need.
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup cubed chicken breast
- 1/2 shallot or 3 boiler onions, cut up
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cooked peas
- 1/2 large orange, thinly sliced
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 drop doTERRA Rosemary Essential Oil (optional)
- 1 drop doTERRA Wild Orange Essential Oil (optional)
- 1 package Near East® Sundried Tomato & Basil Rice Mix, prepared according to box directions
- Heat Olive Oil in a large skillet over medium heat
- Add chicken and onion, heat until chicken is cooked through, stirring as needed
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Add peas and orange slices
- Keep warm over low heat, stirring as needed
- Combine marmalade, orange juice and water in a small saucepan
- Simmer until blended and reduced about 50%. It should be like syrup when ready
- Pour marmalade mixture over chicken and peas, mix well. Remove from heat
- Add Essential Oils, stir well
- Serve over rice mix, garnish with an orange slice if desired
Not only will you have a plate full of complimentary flavors, you’ll also get the added health benefits of the Essential Oils added at the end. Wild Orange EO is energizing and revitalizing*. Rosemary EO has been revered by healers for centuries for its digestive uses*. These two EOs have been deemed GRAS (generally recognized as safe for ingesting) by the FDA. Not all Essential Oils are safe for cooking with – I use and recommend doTERRA Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils!
Let me know what you think in the comments section below! Also, do you have a favorite recipe using Essential Oils? I’d love to hear about that, too!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.